- Monitor both individual and team performance whilst providing leadership and set goals
- Manage budgets and costs effectively in respect of the operational activities.
- Manage and develop all assigned areas applicable to the manufacturing/processing of products and associated activities with particular emphasis on ensuring a smooth, efficient, cost effective and customer responsive workflow.
- Ensure the highest level of safety in all operations are carried out and ensure compliance with regard to PPE for all employees.
- Liaise with the Health and Safety Manager to ensure that all Health and Safety and Environmental requirements are implemented & adhered to.
- Review production methods /operating procedures in order to improve efficiency and output whilst maintaining and improving best practice.
- Work with Production Managers to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of plants.
- Set out KPIs and Production Targets for continual improvement and provide regular reporting of same to Managing Director
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and regulatory compliance as appropriate within company guidelines.
- Oversee Inventory process and system, distribution of products and facility lay-out ensuring maximum efficiency.
- Identify new product opportunities and manage the development and start-up of new products.
- Set up and lead new R&D Team to identify business opportunities in areas of Waste & Recycling and Renewable Energy.
- Manage both new and existing supplier relationships including contracts and price negotiations.
- Lead, motivate and develop your team in line with company policy and HR strategy including recruitment, training and performance management.
- Identify any skills gaps within the team and undertake a recruitment programme to support this.
- Ensure that all personnel have the required standard of training to carry out the job assigned to them.
- Ensure that communication between departments is ongoing and utilised to maintain an environment of continuous improvement.
- Third level qualification in Engineering and/or trade qualification in Electrical or Mechanical.
- 6+ years of related professional experience in a GMP environment with at least 3-5 years in a supervisory/leadership/senior role.
- Lean Six Sigma certification is desirable.
- Ability to lead and manage teams from different departments to achieve company goals.
- Proven ability to engage with onsite employees and managers to manage new initiatives and influence change.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas and results to different stakeholders across the business including staff and senior management.
- Excellent planning skills and problem solving skills.
- Proven track record in Project Management i.e. ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent IT skills. Ability to keep up to date with IT systems in the workplace and an understanding of emerging technologies.
If interested in the position, please apply using the link provided or call Lorcan McGeough on 016991473 for a confidential chat.