- Manage a small team
- Manage the Department team, mentoring, training, reviewing and assessing work performance, writing and delivering work performance evaluations, hiring, approving schedules and leave requests
- Strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity, cost savings and efficiency
- Lead negotiation of the purchase of goods and consumables
- Responsibility of supplier performance and management of small team
- Ensure compliance, customer & company requirements are met
- Manage new product specifications and liaise with marketing department regarding product launch.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve procurement effectiveness.
- Understand market drivers, perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
- Introduce process improvement measures
- Hands on approach with team and duties on day-to-day operations.
- Procurement qualification an advantage
- 4+ years procurement management experience
- Strong organisation, problem solving and communication skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- LEAN principles, TCO methodology and ERP systems knowledge
- Excellent Excel skills