- Lead and develop the production team including training, recruitment and performance management in line with company procedures.
- Manage and develop the manufacturing process
- Continuously review production methods /operating procedures with a view to improving efficiency and output whilst maintaining and improving best practice.
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Ensure that all operations are carried out in the safest possible manner and ensure compliance with company Health & Safety Policy
- Work with different plant managers to ensure that daily production is efficient and workload is in line with schedule requirements.
- Ensure that product/materials are produced to the required quality.
- Work with sales & R&D to identify new product opportunities and manage the development and start-up of new products
- Manage key supplier relationships
- Manage raw material and consumable inventory control
- 3rd Level qualification in relevant field (Engineering etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of production and engineering processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Good management and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.