- Proactively implement and manage the company’s Technical and Quality function
- Active engagement in improving product and process quality
- Continually review and optimise the use of available raw materials, create and issue concrete mix designs, carry out concrete trials, identify areas of materials innovation.
- Responsible for managing the routine sampling, testing and product inspections of various materials
- Provide supervision and direction to a small team of Construction Materials Field Technicians.
- Monitor and report on quality and conformity matters to the Group Technical Manager, Business Leaders and relevant Plant / Location Managers.
- Provide technical expertise via information and guidance internally for tender preparation and sales quotation purposes.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role desirable.
- Experience working directly in the concrete / quarry products industry
- A recognised qualification in materials or concrete technology is preferred.
- Experience of concrete specification vetting and concrete mix design processes from first principles
- Demonstrable strong previous customer interfacing experience including onsite support is essential
- Strong IT and report writing skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management ability