HR Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist and advise management & staff on company policy queries and employee relations issues
- Manage recruitment processes end to end, from advertising posts through shortlisting of candidates, interviews, selection, job offers, reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
- Deliver new employee inductions;
- Facilitate probation review and annual appraisal processes with management and staff
- Manage grievance & disciplinary investigations as required;
- Produce, develop and implement accurate and professional correspondence, policy documents, employee handbook etc. as required;
- Timely and accurate administration of all HR functions, including written correspondence, record keeping, filing etc.;
Health & Safety Duties:
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- CIPD qualified or alternate HR qualification with minimum 3 years plus experience working as a HR Generalist
- Comprehensive HR knowledge, especially hands-on experience in employee relations and performance management.
- Relevant Health and Safety qualifications and experience (ideal)
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude with exceptional communication and relationship building ability
- Excellent organisational agility to include strong time management skills and the ability to take action and manage a high volume of workload
- Be self-motivated, diligent, responsive, responsible, accountable, and resilient