- Responsible for the co-ordination and direction of cross functional teams of the designated production areas to achieve business goals.
- Coach, motivate and develop team members through communication, employee development and versatility exposure.
- Promote a customer and quality first culture within the team.
- Promote a continuous improvement work environment where a solutions focused approach to work is utilised.
- Champion the use of continuous improvement initiatives such as Six Sigma, 6S etc and assist in the identification of improvement projects.
- To liaise with other functions such as Continuous Improvement, R&D to facilitate process improvement.
- Maintain a safe work environment to ensure zero lost time incidents.
- Complete HSEQ audits and assume responsibility to ensure all corrective actions relevant to the Production area are closed out.
- Minimum 5 years operating experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 3 years supervisory experience.
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to identify improvements in process, work methods.
- Experience in operating equipment within a highly regulated manufacturing facility is essential.
- Previous experience working with SCADA and ERP systems.
- Green belt Six Sigma and continuous improvement experience are desirable.