- Support the tax and trade compliance function with client/retailer tax management advice.
- Assist retailers with pre-sales and onboarding tax and trade compliance support within the group’s expanding international business.
- Assist with maintaining internal and external tax content management.
- Assist with the implementation of duty and tax calculators that are provided to our international retail clients.
- Support retailers with tax and trade compliance support post onboarding.
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly and year reporting in respect of trade compliance input to financial reporting and key margin reports.
- Liaising with 3rd parties in respect of multi-jurisdictional advice/support. Requirement to coordinate 3rd party support and provide summary advice internally and externally to clients/retailers.
- Support the current tax transformation project in driving positive change from within the trade compliance function, to include process improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices to ensure continued development and growth within the tax and trade compliance function.
- Requirement to work individually and as part of a team to support the overall objectives of the trade compliance function.
- Dealing with ad-hoc requests as required.
- Degree in law, accounting, or economics and post-graduate in tax or similar is ideal.
- Tax Accountant Qualified (AITI).
- Prior indirect tax and supply chain experience an advantage.
- Good communication is key to this role. An ability to effectively communicate within the tax and trade compliance team, finance team and across other departments and management.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues. Capable of providing. recommendations and implementing solutions.
- Ability to prioritize work and identify areas of focus.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.