This Policy is relevant to all the personal data we receive from you directly, through our website, social media, job boards as well as we may obtain from third parties during the recruitment process.
We acquire the personal information:
- Directly from you: when you send your CV to one of our consultants or through our website;
- From job boards: when you send your CV in reply to the job advert
- From referrals: your friends or employers that would like to support your job search
- Indirectly: from the CV data bases or social media profiles.
Please also note that we get access to your personal data through your social media and online activity. By liking or following Priority Placements’ Facebook fan page, LinkedIn, Twitter or Google+ as well as checking our website, we may indirectly obtain the personal information that you share using these media or the internet.
WHAT DATA DO WE NEED?
At any stage of the recruitment process, we only ask you to send us the information that we need or are legally obliged to have to proceed.
In order to enter or be considered for any recruitment process managed by Priority Placements, we need certain information about you, usually in a form of CV or LinkedIn profile. At this initial stage we need the following:
- Name and surname
- Contact details: address, email, phone number
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any relevant professional achievements
- Other professional skills
- Immigration status (whether you need a work permit); we also need to view and with your consent take a copy of your work permit
We may then contact you to obtain further details that will be required to proceed with your application for a specific job, such as:
- Information on your current salary and benefits as well as your expectations in this regard;
- Information on what you are looking for your next career step;
- Any information that may be required for a certain position
- Any additional information you will share with us
Going further in the process we may request the following:
- Portfolio of your creative work
- Reference from former employers or peers
- Information about your physical or mental health, including disability-related information, especially if the role has certain fitness requirements
- Copies of relevant certificates/diplomas
- Test results (if a position requires additional testing)
- Other information required by a potential employer
Finally, when you are successful in obtaining the job with Priority Placements or with one of our Clients we may request the following:
- A copy of your driving licence and/or passport/identity card;
- PPS number, bank details and any other payroll or tax-related information;
- Garda Vetting if the role requires
- Emergency contact details
- Additional forms as and if requested by the employer
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
All personal information you provide to any of Priority Placements consultants is handed securely and respectfully.
Before we save, process or share your personal data with any third party, we reach you to make sure that you have full knowledge of what we are going to do and to obtain your clear agreement for us to do that.
Depending on the stage of the recruitment process, we may share your personal information with the following:
- An employer that recruits for the role you are interested in
- A potential employer that operates in the professional area you are interested in (in form of an anonymous candidate profile)
- Our payroll office for the purpose of processing your salary
- HR department of a new employer if you successfully obtain the job through Priority Placements
- Your future employer, if they seek confirmation of employment with Priority Placements
- Social Welfare
- Any authority, when we believe in good faith that the law or other regulation requires us to share this data
All our Clients and your potential employers have their own data protection measures to securely handle your personal information.
The personal data that you entrusted with Priority Placements is stored in a securely manner to prevent any loss, misuse or unauthorised access. We put a number of protective measures both electronically and physically, to protect your information from any intentional or unintentional breach.
The information that you provided us with or we obtain during our cooperation is stored for a certain period of time.
Any information collected for recruitment purposes will be stored for 36 consecutive months and erased completely from our records if we will not have any meaningful communication with you during that period of time. By meaningful communication we understand: phone conversation or email exchange in which you actively participate and which results in your personal information update or entering another relevant recruitment process.
The personal data collected for the purpose of your contract of employment with Priority Placements will be stored for the periods required by certain legislations such as: Organisation of Working Time Act 1997, Unfair Dismissal Act 1977-2007, Revenue Commissioners PAYE Guide for Employers and others.
YOU IN THE PROCESS
We will not be able to collect, store, process and share any of your personal information without your clear consents for us to do so. In order to express your consent, you need to reply positively to a Consent Request Email you will receive from a Priority Placements consultant. The email is stored with your personal data as a proof of your consent.
If you submit a CV through our website there is a Declaration of Consent that you need to read and tick the box to agree.
At each stage of the recruitment process you have right to withdraw your consent to proceed with your data.
You have right to update and change your personal data at any stage of recruitment process. If you wish to do so please contact your Priority Placements consultant or email email@example.com and ask for the desired changes.
You have right to access and check your personal information (only that you provide us with, excluding reference or performance assessments we obtained in the process). If you wish to do so please contact your consultant and they will provide you with the required details within a period no longer 30 working days.
You have right to have all your personal data removed from our records. You can express that wish to your Priority Placements consultant or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that your personal data has been handled in an inappropriate way, you have right to file a complaint with your local supervisory authority:
The Office of the Data Protection Commissioner.
Phone: (+353;) 57 8684800 or (+353) (0)761 104 80 or 1890 252 231 (Local)
Post: Dublin Office: 5 Gowna Plaza, Bracetown Business Park, Clonee, Co. Meath
Fax: (+353) 57 868 4757